Megapolis Social is the latest Social City simulation building game. Facebook Megapolis has quite a few special features which makes it a unique social City building game to play. In this basic beginner’s guide, we will go over how the game mechanics work, and how you can learn to start the game easily.
If you have found this beginner’s handbook guide helpful, please share this with your Facebook and online Megapolis game play neighbors and friends! Feel free to leave any comments if you have any additional insights as welll. You can check out our Publisher guides section for more useful Megapolis guides listed by Facebook Games that will help you in the game.
Megapolis Facebook Resource Types and Currencies
Megapolis has different types of currencies and points system like most of the City simulation game that you may play. Below we will list out these important metrics to help you gain an understanding of these stats.
Coins: The soft currency of the game, you will need it to purchase various buildings.
Cash: The real money cash currency.
XP: The Megapolis XP is used for leveling up. Leveling up can unlock additional buildings and contracts.
Electricity and Water: This is a special feature in Megapolis, most of your buildings in the game will require certain amount of Electricity and Water. You will need to build enough resource buildings to harvest enough power and Water.
Population: You gain Megapolis population when you collect from your buildings. Higher population can unlock additional Megapolis production buildings and their contracts.
Population Cap: You can increase your population cap through buildings or decorations. It should note that higher tax rate will lower your max population amount.
Megapolis Building Types
There are different building types that can be categorized in Megapolis. Here is a list of these building types available in the game:
Extras: Special event items that can incorporate all the different building types. These usually involve special themed quests such as Winter Christmas event.
Residential: Collect additional citizens in your Megapolis City and boost maximum population cap.
Production: Production House in Megapolis is the best way to earn coins via doing contracts.
Infrastructure: Businesses that can be taxed for some amount of coins. These typically use more electricity and water resources. In addition, they also boost your maxi population cap.
Decoration: The Megapolis decorations will boost your population cap, they typically require less resources.
Resources: The buildings that generate electricity and water.
Assets: Special materials needed for special buildings such as the bridge.
Expansions: Make your Megapolis bigger, you will need either neighbors in the game or Cash to expand.
Megapolis Beginner’s Tip
1. Get friends early on in the game. You will need them to expand your Megapolis. Without friends and land, you will find yourself constantly having to move your buildings around.
2. Build Production Houses early. The majority of your money will be earned through quests and production contracts. Always build them to the max that your population allows.
3. Be aware of land limitation. As you expand your City further, you will find that you may be stuck due to the lack of land. When possible, do not overbuild your City with low level houses and/or decorations. Your goal is to optimize and maximize the use of your land.
4. Watch your resources. Make sure that you have enough resource buildings in power plants and water plants. Mix and match your building planning process. You do not want to get stuck by not having enough needed Megapolis resource buildings.
5. Do Your Quests. Quests are a great way for you to earn coins at the beginning of the game. Whenever possible, invest your coins into the quests.
6. Consider having a couple low level residential houses. At the beginning of the game, you will find that your population is very low. If you can dedicate some nonstop playing time, consider investing them in low level housings. A group of low level housing like Megapolis Wooden house can quickly boost your population number.